Holiday Warning!

* * * Holiday Warning * * * Please be careful when creating & displaying the salt-dough ornaments that are so popular online this year! They can make your dog deathly ill if consumed.

There are a lot of articles this holiday season boosting pet owners to make ornaments with their pets paw print. Unfortunately these can be hazardous/life threatening to your pet should they consume them. Homemade ornaments, especially those made of play dough-type material or other salt-based products or food, can be extremely toxic to pets. The salt or play dough ornaments appeal to pets as a tasty treat because of the salt. However, an ingestion of a salt-based ornament can cause an animal’s death. Animals ingesting these types of ornaments need to be treated by a veterinarian for salt poisoning.

Featured Posts
Foster Dog Blog
Posts are coming soon
Stay tuned...
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square